8.15.2007

Rocket Man

We have reached a growth spurt. I think. I don't really know since I'm still new and so half of what I sound so sure of is just made up in my own head. But she eat ALL THE TIME and only sleeps for 5 minutes (yes, I'm exaggerating because if I told you the truth you'd tell me to shut up and be grateful and I AM so bite me I'm tired) at a time. I've been trying to compile a list called "Crap that makes the baby go to sleep so mommy can have a damn minute to pee". So far it's a short, but useful, list. Here it is.

1. Boob sedative
2. Laying on my chest and drooling
3. Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" played really really loud while swaying in the desk chair and singing in her ear.

The only sure thing is #3. It may not keep her sleeping for long, but as soon as he starts singing, she's quiet and by the end of the song, she's out. I love him. Shall buy him flowers. Shall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute baby! Oh my gosh my son is three months old now and 4 weeks seem like just yesterday/an eternity ago. Such a wonderful time.

Rebecca is Fabulous said...

violet likes pearl jam. I think elton john is a much more apprpriate choice.
she is adorable, by the way.