9.21.2007

My baby is the awesomest baby in the whole world

Before I get into this, I'm going to warn you. I will be bragging like crazy. Tons. My kid is awesome. I've always thought she was, so this isn't new. Today, she just happens to be more awesome than usual. I am so proud of her I feel like I'm going to burst.

Eliana rolled over. All by herself. Without my help. This makes me so proud (she is 2 months and 4 days old, ya'll) and so very very sad. She did it without my help she's growing up she doesn't need me anymore waaaahhhh! Anyways. We were doing tummy time. I don't really do this often cuz frankly, I don't think about it. But she didn't seem to be too pissed off, so I figured we'd do it for a while and be done. I laid her down and she lifted her head and her chest like she always does and looked around. She was ok with it. Not thrilled, but not pissed. After a while, she started getting fussy. So I got myself up off the floor. By the time I got up (I say that like it took me 20 minutes cuz I'm so huge, but it didn't and I'm not...maybe I am, but it still didn't take 20 minutes) she didn't seem quite so fussy, so I decided to give her a little longer. I started telling her to roll over and she did! She looked surprised that she did it. I was shocked too. We may have done a little jig. And by "may", I mean we totally danced like fools all around the house. When I told my dad he kept saying I must have helped or that she was on a pillow, so I'm taking this time to say I never touched her and she was flat on the floor. So there. I get that this was probably a fluke and she won't do it consistently for a while. But my little girl did it on her own for the first time and I don't care why. I'm going to be proud of her. Yay Eliana!

AND (yes, there's more). I was holding her and we were looking at ourselves in the mirror. We do this every day. She's not usually a fan of it. I think she thinks that baby in the mirror is some "other" baby and she gets jealous or whatever when I talk about how pretty she is. Today she was just looking. Like she was trying to figure her out. So I told her, "Why don't you give her a big smile and see what happens." Eliana kept looking for another couple seconds and then breaks out into this HUGE smile. She was so cute. Then of course she saw the "other" baby smiling and she was all like, "What're you smiling at?" But I would just like to say she is so my monkey.

AND (hard to believe, but yes, there's more). I was getting Eliana's bath ready while Tony was keeping her occupied. All of a sudden I hear her LAUGH. She has never done this! So I ran into the livingroom and she did it again!!! Like a real laugh! I don't even know what Tony did to make that happen, but whatever it was must have been hilarious. I can not tell you how proud I am. If you saw me, you'd say I was beaming.

Needless to say we've had a busy, milestone-filled day. Maybe she'll start walking tomorrow or be president or go to the moon. Don't worry, I have no intention of ever being that mother. She can go back to rarely smiling and occasionally cooing and I'll be happy. But if she wants to roll over again, I'm good with that too. As long as she waits for me to get the video camera out.

No comments: